A WORD ABOUT US
Saraswati Vidyalaya, High School was conceptualized in 1981 to impart quality education.
The township of Thane was fast growing into a mega city. Growth being our mantra, Saraswati Vidya Prasarak Trust decided to launch Saraswati Vidyalaya at Ghodbunder Road, extending their 25years of educational experience to the ever expanding city.
We commenced our journey in 2008 with students enrolled in the Pre-Primary section (Jr.KG –Sr.KG) as well as Primary section (I – IV).
Today we stand tall with strength of 1200 students from Pre-Primary to Jr. College. We offer the streams of Science & Commerce in Jr. College and also have facility for tutoring Computer Science in XI and XII (Science).
We are committed to provide a learning experience through self-exploration. We believe in overall development of our students which will enable them to blossom into enriched personalities. This will help them to contribute to the progress of our nation as well as the larger world community.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
To provide wholesome and all round education and to make learning a many splendored activity.
- To help develop cognitive, affective and psycho-motor domains through a plethora of co-curricular activities and sports.
- To enable the child develop positive attitude towards life.
- To build the all round personality of the child and enable him to stand above all in a crowd.
- To instill in the child a promising foundation of a good citizen to lead the nation.
- To inculcate the values like love, compassion and service for the less fortunate.
ROUTES TO ACHIEVE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- By giving every child ample opportunities to showcase his/her talent in this competitive world.
- By tapping the skills and by envisaging the interests of children in various fields.
- By enabling every child to participate in various sports, games, activities, discussions etc.
- By encouraging children to go beyond the textbook and learn from the world and not just about the world.
- By providing exposure outside the classroom atmosphere through field trips, picnics and long tours.
- By inculcating in the students values like love, compassion and service for the less fortunate.
- By introducing students to themselves and helping they choose their vocation by providing career guidance programs.
Saraswati Vidyalaya at Rabodi has traversed a long distance, forging ahead with innovative ideas leaving its imprint on the academic field. We too are committed to the same mission of bringing out strong academic results without compromising our students’ co-curricular and sports activities at Saraswati Vidyalaya, Ghodbunder Road. The school is proud to inform you that our students have taken their maiden step in H.S.C (science) and S.S.C. and are confident that our students will make us proud.
The school is affiliated to the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Craft, Music, Art and Painting are creative expressions which help latent talents surface. Hence these subjects are incorporated in the curriculum.
We follow the dictum “A healthy body nurtures a healthy mind.” Hence stress is laid on physical education. Ample opportunities for indoor and outdoor games are provided. Examinations for Physical Education are conducted during the academic year.
The school has a well-equipped library to enable the students to have access to various books, periodicals and newspapers.
EXCURSIONS, FIELD TRIPS AND TOURS
To enrich the school curriculum field trips and excursions are planned for the students throughout the year. These trips are compulsory for all students. Outstation educational tours are also planned for the students.
Students from Std. VII onwards perform experiments in well-equipped and modernized laboratories under the supervision of teachers and lab assistants.
Keeping pace with the technological advancement, the school has a well-equipped, air-conditioned computer lab. A separate state of art computer lab caters to the need of the vocational stream of H.S.C students. Any kind of damage caused by the student in the computer lab must be replaced/ reimbursed by the student.
Students with learning disabilities are referred to the counselor. Close monitoring and timely guidance is provided to the students, by the counselor and staff.
An authentic certificate from Sion Hospital is required to establish the dyslexic condition of a student to evaluate his/her academic progress.
THE HOUSE SYSTEM
Students from 5th onwards are divided into five houses.
||Brown (Jr. College)
Pride, unity and a healthy spirit of competition is encouraged among the houses in all cultural and sports activities. Each of these houses has their office bearers who plan and organize school programs and help maintain discipline.
THE SCHOOL MAGAZINE
“SARASVI SPARK”, the school magazine showcases the creative talents, skills and achievements of the students.